Tickets are issued subject to the Society’s conditions of carriage, a full copy of which is supplied with each ticket. These conditions set out the rights and obligations of the Society and its passengers. The conditions deal with: the rights of the Society and Queensland Rail to alter any aspect of the tour or train at any time; limitations and exclusions of the Society’s liability for passengers’ losses; obeying directions of Society officers; luggage and alcohol; behavior of passengers; lost property; tickets and fares; A full copy of the conditions will be supplied on request. Tickets are available for the journey for which they are issued only, They are not transferable. Tickets are issued at children’s fares to people aged four to fifteen inclusive. They are not issued to children under the age of four who are allowed to travel free of charge if accompanied by an adult but such children are not entitled to a seat. Tickets are issued at pensioner/senior fares to holders of Queensland Pensioner Concession Cards and Senior Cards only and these cards must be produced with the ticket when required for inspection. Steam locomotives may be replaced by diesel locomotives if the tour is to travel through an area of high fire danger.
CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
1. The Australian Railway Historical Society Queensland Division: – will not be liable for any loss due to late or delayed trains or interruption to the running of trains – is not a common carrier – excludes its liability to the extent permitted by law and to that extent passengers travel at their own risk – may remove any person from the train – will not be liable to pay compensation for any alteration to the advertised tour made by the Train Manager or Queensland Rail.
2. Passengers must: – be in possession of a valid ticket when on the train and produce it for inspection when required – leave the train or any part of it when requested to do so – obey the directions of the Train Manager.
3. Passengers may: – take a reasonable amount of luggage into the carriage if there is room available, otherwise it must be placed in the guard’s van – consume alcoholic liquor purchased on the train.
4. Passengers must not: – travel on the train without a valid ticket – litter, spit or use foul or insulting language – smoke on the train or in areas designated as non smoking – place their feet on the seats – pull carriage communication cords except in cases of emergency – take another passenger’s seat – enter a carriage wearing clothes so dirty that they might soil things touching them – get into or out of a carriage that is in motion – enter or leave a carriage via a window or from the side furthest from the platform – open side doors or end platform gates while the train is in motion – travel on the step or footboard of a carriage in motion or any part of a carriage not ordinarily available to the public – hinder others entering or leaving a carriage – throw items from trains – lean out of carriage windows or from end platforms while the train is in motion – leave platforms other than by the exits provided or cross lines at other than the crossings provided – interfere with any equipment on the railway or the train – bring dangerous goods onto the railway or the train – bring alcoholic liquor onto the train – be intoxicated – bring dogs, other than seeing-eye dogs, onto the railway or the train.
5. Lost property: – will be returned free of charge at the Society’s office but elsewhere at the cost of the owner – may be disposed of after three months, or immediately if perishable.
6. Tickets are: – available for the journey for which they are issued only – not transferable – issued at children’s fares to people aged four to fifteen inclusive only on tours nominated by the Society – not issued to children under the age of four, but such children are allowed to travel free of charge if accompanied by an adult, however such children are not entitled to a seat – issued at pensioner/senior fares only on tours nominated by the Society to holders of Queensland Pensioner Concession Cards and Senior Cards and these cards must be produced with the ticket when required for inspection – available only subject to these conditions and to the Transport Operations (Passenger Transport) Act 1994 and any relevant Queensland Rail conditions of travel.
Passengers travelling on a free pass, do so at their own risk. Any exclusion of liability which is not lawful is severed. In these conditions the term “train” means and includes any mode of conveyance used to carry out the tour.