Only a few Single Seats available now on this trip. Contact our office on 07 3252 1759 if you are interested…
Here are plans for a novel day’s outing. Join us on a railcar tour to Toowoomba which offers the following attractions: –
– Travel by special chartered 2000 class railcars departing from Roma Street station.
– Pick-up stops will be made at Corinda and Ipswich.
– Sit back and enjoy the journey through Brisbane’s outer suburbs, the farmlands west of Ipswich, the climb of the Little Liverpool Range and the renowned blacksoil plains through Laidley, Grantham and Helidon where much of Brisbane’s vegetables is grown.
– Beyond the village of Murphy’s Creek, the railway ascends the Main Range with steep grades and many curves and tunnels.
– See the gardens at Spring Bluff railway station. They are usually a delight at this time of the year. ¬ The railcar arrives at the renovated historic Toowoomba railway station.
– Passengers may pre-book lunch at the former Railway Refreshment Rooms now trading as Inbound Restaurant where they will partake in main lamb and vegetable ragout & mash, for dessert trifle with chocolate brownie, fruits and cream served with tea or coffee. Alternatively, you may make your own luncheon arrangements at one of the nearby hotels or cafés.
– On completion of lunch join the waiting coaches for a tour of some gardens in Toowoomba’s annual Carnival of Flowers.
– Following the gardens tour the coaches will drop you back at Toowoomba station for the return trip to Brisbane.